<VV> What source for quick shift mods

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Fri Jul 6 16:51:43 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/6/2007 1:34:36 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
ral1963 at comcast.net writes:

I am in  the middle of a swap using a 3 speed shift tower in place of the
4 speed  tower and need the measurement of how much I have to move the
1/2 ball on  the shift shaft.

I would have swore it was in the Tech guide but I have  thumbed through
it twice and cannot find it.

I'll be digging out the  HTHRC next but would appreciate if someone knew
where the article that I am  looking for was I would appreciate it...

Well, for one place, it's in my book, THE CLASSIC CORVAIR.  The  distance you
move the half-ball up the shaft is 29/32 inches. Distance from the  tip of
the shaft to the bottom of the ball is then 2-59/64 in.
Regards,
Bob Helt