<VV> Carb mixes

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 8 09:11:56 EDT 2007

I guess I missed the original question (I tend to delete a lot of digests when things go off topic for a while), but can offer some opinions based on what the question might be: One can use any top on any carb bowl (I have seen it all). The problem you might face is that H carbs from 60 and 61 do not have the port in the bowl casting for the automatic choke pulloff vacuum line connection, While the '61 tops can be modified to take an automatic choke hookup, it isn't worth it, given the cheap and easy availability (from me) of correct tops. Later tops (62+) cannot easily be modified to work on the early carbs, however. So, if you have later bowls, but a 1961 engine and carb tops, no problem. Just swap, plug the lower vacuum ports, and go.
Hope this helps, but whomever had the original question can simply send me a note for more details or explanation.
The Carbmeister

<<The casting might be different for the choke pulloff mounting area, but the belcranks will probably fit OK. And you don't need the choke pulloff with the manual setup. One could make Frankenstein carbs by swaping air horns....

Grant, any ideas here?

Frank DuVal