<VV> First extended drive, now PG gremlin

John Kepler jekepler at AMPLEX.NET
Sun Jul 8 11:12:26 EDT 2007

Subject: Re: <VV> First extended drive, now PG gremlin

The pressure ports are on the FRONT cast iron plate (it faces the front of
the car).
Your shift points maybe due to the TV linkage not being right.

Not meaning to belabor this....but the same symptoms occur when the MANUAL
VALVE is out of adjustment, and are more likely to be causing the hard
up-shift than the TV, as well as other, more "fluky" shift anomalies.  The
manual valve position being out of spec is more common as shift cables age
(ask me how I know!), and may require adjustment of the MV arm inside the
PG, or replacement of the shift cable if the adjustment arm is "limited
out"!  IIRC, adjustment of the Manual Valve is covered in the Late Manual pp
7-41 through 7-43.

John

65 Corsa 140 Coupe
67 Monza 110 PG Convertible