<VV> Of fingernail glue, etc.

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Sun Jul 8 18:10:18 EDT 2007

Speaking of fingernail glue reminds me of a story.  I got into  Corvairs
because my big sister bought a brand-new, Satin Silver '63  Monza coupe as her
first car.  She still lived at home at the time.  I  remember that as the car
began to accumulate the usual parking lot chips in the  paint she wanted some
touch up paint.  For some reason, it apparently never  occurred to her to go to
the parts department of the local Chevy  dealership.  No problem, this being th
e mod sixties she was able to find  silver fingernail polish at the local drug
store.  Turned out it was a  perfect match and never flaked off.  Fast
forward several decades and I saw  a print ad for Target in a magazine that showed a
young woman applying  fingernail polish to her Corvair!  Needless to say, I
cut it out and mailed  it to my sister.

~Bill Stanley