<VV> LM Doors

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Jul 10 15:57:16 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/10/2007 10:00:06 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
airvair at richnet.net writes:

Nobody's  infallible. While I respect Mike, I also feel there's an error
someplace in  that. I say that because I've seen '68-9 doors used on
'67's, and vice  versa. Don't recall as they required any modification to
the pillars,  either. It's just that the '65-7 door inner trim panels and
hardware fit  any of (and only) those years, while the '68-9 doors
require a totally  different set of panels and hardware.  I've known
owners that had '69  doors on a '67 (or vice versa) and had to use the
corresponding trim and  hardware, or had modified them to accept the
car's year panels and  etc.

-Mark

If you are willing to accept less than full bolting, the later door can be
fitted onto a 65-66. I had a right-side door T-boned in a race at Sears Point
in  YS003 (original 1966 body). Not hard enough to cause any other damage, but
hard  enough to have to replace the door. All I had was a later 67-later, not
sure.  Only some of the bolt-holes lined up - just fine for a race car,
(lighter!) not right for a street car, and no hold-open mechanism. In case  the
guys restoring YS003 are wondering why in the hell the right side door was
wrong, that's why! - I'm sure they replaced it back to a 65-66. - Seth  Emerson