<VV> Waterford

John Kepler jekepler at amplex.net
Tue Jul 10 19:18:17 EDT 2007

I just now received the muffler for my turbocharged Vintage car.
I am certain that it will pass the Waterford Hills DB test without a
muffler, but I'm afraid the tech inspectors will make me install one
anyway--just because.
???? Waterford's 75 DP limit is at the property line past some fences and
earthen rises--maybe easier than we initially thought.

It isn't!  It's the MAXIMUM noise your car will produce, not an "average".
If your car "pops" when you lift, gets a little "throaty" when you
down-shift, or you shift a little late and run the revs up making a
pass.....the machine will squawk and they'll have a little "chat" with you
after the session...even if it was only a split-second, a single time, on a
single lap!  When we were briefly running our IMSA Nissan there, we had to
re-set the rev-limiter WAAAY down, even with a muffler, to keep the car from
getting DQ'ed.

The guys there are great, they'll work with you (or at least they used
to....more than likely still will)....but their neighbors are pingas, and
they win!

?? Should I install the muffler tomorrow? Are turbo chargers as mufflers
enough?

Probably not!

John