<VV> Oil Cooler seals/gaskets

David George dgeorge at heritage-consultants.com
Tue Jul 10 20:16:35 EDT 2007

I recently noticed an oil leak coming from the right side of the oil cooler area on my 65 convertible. The leak drips pretty fast when the engine is running but is cold. It slows down quite a bit once the engine heats up, but does stop completely. Anyway, I ordered the appropriate cooler seals/gaskets from Clarks and am waiting for them to arrive. Since I have not pulled the oil cooler out before, I was wondering if there is anything special I need to know or if anyone has any tips to make the job easier. I looked through my shop manual and it seems pretty straightforward, but I thought I would as some folks with experience. Thanks!

Dave
Newington, CT