<VV> RE: Shocks / interchange / LM

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 11 13:48:41 EDT 2007

Hi, Joe. Better late than never.

As promised last December (!), here are the part numbers of the SPAX shocks
that I have on the '66 sedan. I'll lay out the number just as it is stamped
on the shock. I don't know if this has any significance:

Rear
        180
        345
        BK175

Front
        4.5
        AK30
and
        4.5
        AW 524

I have no idea why the fronts have different part numbers. They appear to be
identical, and, as close as I can measure it, the jounce and rebound numbers
are the same for each.

You'll have to press in a lower bushing (I got mine from NAPA- standard
shock bushings for a big Chevy, as I recall) in both the fronts and the
rears, and then the steel spacers.

HTH.

Andy Clark
Camano Island, WA.