<VV> That lovely mouse fresh smell

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Wed Jul 11 19:40:18 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Prosise" <eprosise at hotmail.com>
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 9:43 PM
Subject: <VV> That lovely mouse fresh smell

I just picked up a very solid '66 Corsa Turbo this past weekend. It sat in a
building for the past 26 years, and was home to many families of mice, it
seems.

Eric Prosise
**********
Hi Eric; greeting from southern Iowa. (g).

years ago I was in about the same place .. 66 turbo coupe with 75000 mouse
deposits.  I unbolted every piece that would come loose in the interior, and
spent 10$ at the full soap car wash.

Don;t forget to strip the headliner, it will be full of dead mice and ...
other bad things.  A Clarkes new headliner only takes about 4 hours to put
in ....

I vacuumed it all out first, but there was still a lot of flotsum coming out
of the seams etc.  Oh yeah, take the inside panels off the doors and go at
that area also.  while there, drill the drain holes out of the door bottoms

Then I drove the car for weeks with all windows open, and used various Pimp
sprays at random ... about a month later, the car smelled more of soap than
mice .... that's what I did ...

just some thoughts ken campbell, down in po bo land.