<VV> Rear Alignment Question

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 13 13:13:35 EDT 2007

I thought I would get some input before screwing with this issue any more. I have installed all new nylon bushings in the rear suspension of a 1965 convertible (and a new motor mount). I set the alignment marks for the outer strut eccentrics to the top center mark on the torque arms, and the torque arms are both centered to the mark on the fender mounting area. I tightened the stabilizer rods once everything was aligned and installed new springs. I went by the manual. The right side looks fine, but the left side tire is too far in at the top (camber is way off) as if it were loaded down (this is after driving and letting everything settle). It is about 2-3" lower in the rear on the driver side. There is no accident damage that I can see. I can adjust it enough with the bolt by turning it about half way around ccw, but am wondering when I can tell if it is the same on both sides other than sighting it in and measuring the fender height, and why it might be so far off on one side with everything new?
Thanks,
Grant