<VV> Re: Turbo Alignment

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Sun Jul 15 14:59:03 EDT 2007

Jim,
    Maybe we need to put a level tool across the top of  the vertical pipe
mount BEFORE installing the turbo assembly (with carb &  cleaner) and BEFORE
tightening the connection between this vertical pipe and the  crossover exhaust
piping.  But is the top SUPPOSED to be level?   Assuming the existing
installation is correct, how about if we unbolt the entire  turbo assembly and remove
it from the old vertical inlet pipe mount and THEN  measure how level the top
is both side-to-side and front-to-back BEFORE  replacing the old piping or
manifolds below.  At least that way we would  have a goal to "shoot for" with the
new parts on that particular car in  that particular location.
    I guess I've just been lucky in the past that the  new manifolds, new
crossover and new vertical piping have all fit together to  enable the turbo
assembly to mount correctly.
    Frank "on the level" Burkhard

In a message dated 7/15/2007 9:21:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,