<VV> Engine air baffles

John David Thomson jdavethomson at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 16 00:38:05 EDT 2007

So in rebuilding a parted out 140-4, I see that the "engine air baffles" are noted as an important installation component to cooling the engine.   The rebuild has none, but I got the right ones from my stash.  I am at a bit of a loss as to the method to install these baffles.   The GM parts manual diagrams I have are not clear and neither are the Corvair Underground or Clarks catalogs.   Can anyone give me tips as to how these are to go in  (and in fact are they really needed?).

Dave T (Calgary, AB)   66corsa convert 140-4, and 68 Kelmark V8 Vair.