<VV> RE: radio

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Mon Jul 16 21:45:31 EDT 2007

<snip>
I just bought my second used am-fm radio for my 67
coupe.  It doesn't work, either.  Any ideas?  Anybody
rebuild these.  The guys in my local club, DerbyCity
Corvair said I ought to install a stock one.  It sure
would be nice to have the stock radio make some
pleasant sounds.  Ernie in Louisville, KY <unsnip>

I assume you are speaking of a factory AM/FM radio. Those units have a
bypass plug in the bottom rear that must be in place when there is no
multiplex unit.  Is it in place?  Also note that the antenna and speaker
must be in operable condition (test with another radio). You can test the
speaker with a little 9V transistor radio battery (will cause loud, scratchy
pops when connected briefly.

Craig Nicol
65,6,7,8, 2 with AM/FM.