<VV> radio

Eric Marschner emarschn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 12:07:36 EDT 2007

> In a message dated 7/16/2007 1:43:23 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> epssax at yahoo.com writes:
>
> I just  bought my second used am-fm radio for my 67
> coupe.  It doesn't work,  either.  Any ideas?  Anybody
> rebuild these.  The guys in my  local club, DerbyCity
> Corvair said I ought to install a stock one.  It  sure
> would be nice to have the stock radio make some
> pleasant  sounds.  Ernie in Louisville, KY

I had the same problem - bought a new radio to find out that the
speaker was shot.  Note that I could hear the radio VERY VERY VERY
FAINTLY when the volume was turned up all the way and if there was no
other noise.  I replaced the speaker with a $6 walmart 5.25"  (8 ohm)
that fit in the same location as the stock speaker using the same
bracket.  The bracket wedges the speaker against the dash.  Seems to
work well.  This is an AM push-button radio from 1968.

Eric
RMC
http://www.corvairproject.com