<VV> Radio (won't fit)

David McMillan dmac632000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 19:18:14 EDT 2007

Hey guys, speaking of stock radios. I can't seem to find one that fits my '64 Monza. The PO had put a Realistic AM/FM casette in with some other pieces to help make it stay. I want to get a stock radio in then hide a more updated one in the glove box as Padgett describes.
I tried putting in my '63 AM (from my group red Spyder), but the right dial knob has a raised ring around it that prevents pushing the unit flush against the dash. I also received a donor '64 radio that has the same problem. Are they all like this? The holes in the dash for the volume and dial knobs are pretty much the same size, about 1/4 inch (maybe a bit bigger).

Any clues?
Dave