<VV> 3.6L Update

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 19 00:33:10 EDT 2007

Well, the good news is the 3.6L has been driving well.  It chirps the tires going into second, and really has been feeling good.  Head temps at 70mph are below 300F, oil temps are running about 220F.  Pretty pleased with everything, especially since I haven't tried any tuning of timing or carbs.

Unfourtunately, ugly and increasingly loud noises began to come out of it on the way home from work.  Had to have it towed home.  Very little noise at low throttle.  Very loud banging under any power.  Low oil pressure.  I suspect a rod bearing problem, but I don't know.  It came on gradually, so I don't think I broke the crank.  Doesn't sound cheap.  It'll be a couple of weeks before I get a chance to open it up.  It's tough out here on the cutting edge.  ;-)

Cheers,
  Roger