<VV> visually identifying a transmission

steven at sashimi.org steven at sashimi.org
Thu Jul 19 22:21:21 EDT 2007

I got a bunch of spare transmissions with my Rampside, one of which is
clearly marked as a powerglide and attached to the spare engine, but I
can't tell by looking at the other three whether they're 3sp or 4sp. Is
there a way to differentiate them without opening them up?  Also, they're
all attached to differentials which I suppose I'd need to open to determine
the gear ratios anyway.  It would be nice to know...

Thanks,

- Steve Brown