<VV> new lifters...

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Fri Jul 20 10:49:50 EDT 2007

Buy some GM EOS- Engine Oil Supplement from your Chevy dealer or wherever
you can find it.. After lubing everything before assy, pour this stuff on
cam, crank/rod bearings, etc and throw the rest in the engine. It is for
engine rebuilds, especially with flat tappet cams like older cars all have.
About priming lifters.... I can't imagine why they would say not to, but you
probably don't have to.  You can soak them in oil and try and prime them and
it probably helps.  The normal way to rebuild an engine includes running the
oil pump with a drill and flat blade like a stripped distributor shaft, to
pump up passages and running it long enough, to get oil out thru the push
rods. When that happens, you can feel confident you have most of the lifter
filled with oil, if not all of it filled. Of course, you have to remove the
distributor to do so.

Chuck S
BBRT