<VV> new lifters...

mark at noakes.com mark at noakes.com
Fri Jul 20 07:50:17 EDT 2007

It's been a long time since I replaced any lifters, but I have to
replace a broken one now...got the new from Clarks.

Clarks said NOT to prime it. Directions on the box said to follow
directions that came with the lifter...which were none. If I adjust per
the 65 manual's cold adjust procedure, won't this cause problems
immediately after startup?  Granted it should pump up fairly soon,
but...

Does no one sell moly based assembly lube any more?  All I can find is
engine assembly lube based on lithium...NAPA...makes me squeamish that
I'm not going far enough to protect the cam and moving parts on
startup.

Since this is a new lifter on an old cam, any general suggestions?
Like I said it has been MANY years since I've had to do this...and I
don't want to damage the cam.

Comments?

Thanks,

Mark Noakes