<VV> Por 15 questions

Greg Hanlin g.hanlin at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 20 08:00:30 EDT 2007

I have recently done a couple of trunks using the gray Por 15 and then
splatter paint over them.  I had no issues with the splatter paint sticking
directly to the Por 15.  I found that the gray made an excellent color base
coat for the gray and white splatter as well.  A semi-gloss or flat would
have been better I think, but they only make the gray in gloss.

I used to do trunks with Rustoleum rusty metal primer (brownish rust color)
and you really had to lay on the splatter paint to make sure the primer was
all covered.  You can use a much lighter coat with the gray Por 15.

I am really impressed with the Por 15 products - having recently painted two
trunks and the complete underside of a '65 convertible with it.  It is
nearly impossible to remove after it is cured - I tried to sandblast it off
a couple of brake backing plates  without much success.

Greg Hanlin
Dayton  OH