<VV> Transmission adjustment

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 20 20:41:24 EDT 2007

My "babushka Corvair" has thrown me yet another curve.  After
spending four hours fixing the transmission valve inner gear
(manually bent tine to original position), getting the throttle
linkages correct, reinstalling the transmission fluid pan and filling
the transmission with fluid; the car wouldn't start.  It acts like it
is drawing down on the electrical system judging by the Gen/Temp
light going dim during ignition, but the starter doesn't make a
sound.  Probably the cable linkage from the dash at the transmission
(cable was attached inside when I put the pan on) as I checked the
wires to the starter, but who knows and who knows what problem that
will lead to when "fixed".

A very tired,
Stephen U