Hope you like HOT weather Re: <VV> CORSA Convention - weather

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Fri Jul 20 20:42:06 EDT 2007

Frank,

Your absolutely correct nice weather all depends on your opinion, like just
about everything. I spent the first 18 years of my life right down the road
from  you in Pompton Plains, so I know exactly what your summers are like
(except for  the recent global warming). It doesn't seem like MI is any warmer or
more humid  than NJ, maybe even a bit cooler. Once all the Corvair get to town
it will be  quite a bit cooler. Anyhow, here in Kansas it's getting to the
triple digit time  of year, so mid 80s is looking real good to me.

As far as having the convention in July, it's then because that's the best
month to have it. If for no other reason than school is out (except where they
go all year, poor kids). It is already difficult to plan a family vacation
around the convention, let's not make it more difficult. If we had the
convention during the fall or spring we would also have a greater risk of bad
weather. I know it can rain in July, but not usually as much as other times of  the
year.

The bottom line is that the convention is going to be in the summer, when
it's hot. This particular convention is nearly as far north as possible in the
continental US. So it should be cooler than most of the rest of the country.
Throw on top of that Detroit, home of American automobiles, car show on
Chevrolet's front yard (literally), the Heritage Center and a bunch of my  Corvair
friends and you couldn't keep me away.

Ned