Hope you like HOT weather Re: <VV> CORSA Convention - weather

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Fri Jul 20 23:53:52 EDT 2007

Ned,
    I appreciate your thoughtful and well stated  reply.
    Of course it's "logical" for CORSA to  hold EVERY Convention during the
summer months when they feel they can get  the largest attendance of families
with school age children.  The same way  it's "logical" for all but one of the
FM radio stations in the entire  metropolitan New York City area to broadcast
what I call "modern" music.   But that doesn't mean I have to conform to
EITHER of these decisions.
    While working I had to travel to a number of hot  regions of the country,
including Houston and west Texas.  I've also been  in south Florida a number
ot times visiting my late father.  Even northern  NJ gets hot and humid on
some days in the summer so I prefer to stay in A/C  and avoid the outdoors on
those days.
    I still remember being in Houston on a business  trip in February one
year and having to run both the hotel room A/C and the car  A/C on full cold all
the time I was there.  When I got back to Newark,  NJ airport I had to clean 4
inches of SNOW off my 66  Corvair before I could drive home!!
    Now, of course, I just stay inside and watch the  snow fall and plan on
shoveling it gradually over the following week.  I  still prefer a few inches
of snow rather than 80 to 100 deg  weather and 80+ percent humidity.
    Best regards,
    Frank "marches to the tune of a different drummer"  Burkhard

In a message dated 7/20/2007 8:42:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,