<VV> 1960 Corvair Scam

Corsa corsa at comcast.net
Sat Jul 21 12:17:08 EDT 2007

The 1960 Corvair on ebay that is at 50k+ is a scam.

I suspect someone bid it up as a joke since there obviously is no car. The scammer gets the photo scanning the net and hijacks someones ebay account to place the ad. That is why he says not to use the ebay id to contact, since it would go to the real owner of the account. He wants you to contact him directly to avoid that. Several other makes of cars are listed using the same ploy. Recently they listed both a Spyder convertible and 65 Corsa turbo vert using the same scam. This was mentioned several times both on this list and the Corvair forum. I guess everyone forgot. I emailed the guy on the 65 turbo vert and got the usual scam excuses of :
1. I'm overseas but the car is in the US
2. Can't show car since I'm overseas.
3. Don't plan on returning so must sell car
4. Etc, Etc blah blah excuses.

Bigwave