<VV> Lubrication Changes

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 23 23:36:23 EDT 2007

If ZDDP is being outlawed even for additives like GM's EOS, then someone
needs to get a rope!  I'm sick of all the tree hugging crap that 9 times out
of 10 is just that, a load of political crap.  Around where I live they had
this brillant idea to add MTBE to the gas....guess what....the cure was
worse than the disease.  It jacked gas prices up and polluted the water.

I just did a quick search for GM's EOS and it is still listed on GM's site
but the third party I bought some from 6 months ago no longer carries it, in
fact, it is rather scarce.  They do still have the P/N 12345501 Camshaft and
Lifter Prelube which you can add to the oil as an additive too since it has
ZDDP in it too.  I plan to buy as much of it as I can while I still can.
In the meantime, I'll be practicing my rope tying skills!!

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81412237@N00/sets/
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!