<VV> lifters...deep dimple or "stock"?

David McMillan dmac632000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 07:34:08 EDT 2007

Seeing as how there is some discussion on lifters and priming...and the fact that one of my lifters has been clattering and I have the opportunity, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is an advantage to using deep dimpled lifters as opposed to the stock ones. Or is this another of those sore subjects like late vs. early, electric vs. mechanical fuel pumps, stock vs. modified...? If so I apologize. The intended engine is a stock 95 hp, although I have intentions of rebuilding a 150 for another vehicle in the near future.

Dave