<VV> Stale Gas Questions - No Corvair

Bob & Kathy Gilbert bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca
Wed Jul 25 10:15:56 EDT 2007

Well ,perhaps some Corvair...

I have recently purchased an "elderly" boat which has sat around for a while
- like some Corvairs we have purchased.

It had about half a tank of gas of indeterminate age. I topped it up but it
is exhibiting running symptoms that make me think I have bad gas and/or
water in the gas.

I can add methyl hydrate to absorb any water but what can I do about the bad
gas? There is no practical way to drain the tank (I think they put the tank
on the floor and built the boat around it!)

Any ideas most appreciated!

Thanks,

Bob

66 180 convertible