<VV> Stale Gas Questions - Methyl Hydrate - Humour!

John David Thomson jdavethomson at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 26 00:28:44 EDT 2007

Humour (Canuck style)
Just don't try using the "new" isopropanol for a Fondue (anybody remember them?).  In the old days we used gas additive (IE methanol) for fuel for the fondue burners and it worked great, but the "new" stuff (isopropanol) has a much different vapour point and starts off poorly, then as it heats up it goes into major flame!  Just ask my Medical Doctor brother in law!

Regards, Dave.........