<VV> Stale Gas Questions - Methyl Hydrate

Jim Burkhard burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jul 25 22:12:53 EDT 2007

Dad, Bob, et al-

Yes, "methyl hydrate" is just an archaic term for methanol (insert
joke here about when YOU earned your Chem. E. degree, 'cause this
terminology was way before that). It's akin to calling sulphur
"brimstone" or CO2 "carbonic acid".  In any event, it's a cheap drying
agent for fuel, but not a great one -- isopropanol (a.k.a "IPA" or
"propan-2-ol") is much better.

Jim Burkhard

FrankCB at aol.com wrote:
> Bob,