<VV> Stinky Gas Problem

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 19:15:29 EDT 2007

                                     B"H

Thanks for everyone's kind advice on my raw gas
problem.  The fuel pump dripped from the joint between
the top and body of the pump; the part that's held on
by 6 or so, screws.  The screws, for some strange
reason, aren't long enough to reach to the threaded
holes on the bottom of the pump, so they don't "grip"
the top and pull it down, sealing it.

By getting longer screws I was able to tighten the top
section of the pump, securely to the body.

It seems those 5 mm screws aren't easy to get in 1 3/4
or 2" sizes; the ones that came with my pump are
barely 1 1/2 or a bit short of that.  I was lucky in
that I tried a different hw store than the one I
usually frequent...a stuck of loke!

Pump seems nice and sealed now and the stink is gone
:)

Thanks everyone!....BIll Hershkowitz 69 Monza 110 PG