<VV> Gas mileage

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Fri Jul 27 11:17:15 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/27/07 7:56:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
contactsmu at sbcglobal.net writes:

> the gas mileage.
> Apparently, I have the Hummer edition Monza.  My gas mileage for the
> last three fill-ups have been 14.3, 12.4, and 10.85 respectively.
> This is a new rebuild with new carbs and an electric fuel pump, but
> even then, I would expect the numbers to be reversed.  I still have
> the transmission not staying in low past 15-25 off the line, kicking
> as it shifts from D to L when coming to a stop, and no kick down.
> I'm awaiting time to check the vacuum on the modulator.
> Ideas?

Stephen,
1)  Granted these are low mileage numbers, but what kind of driving do they
represent? If go and stop, then they are probably normal.

2)  If you are really concerned, get a shop to do a tail pipe emissions check
for CO. That should tell you if you mare rumming rich (or what).

Regards,
Bob Helt