<VV> Gas mileage

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Sat Jul 28 13:08:51 EDT 2007

Stephen,
    For that harsh PG downshift try a quick check  on the rubber hose
connections on the metal tubing that "picks up" the  vacuum signal and feeds it into
the vacuum modulator on the PG.  When I  replaced the badly leaky one on my
PG, its operation returned to normal.
    It takes more than a few fillups to calculate gas  mileage correctly.
Try a few thousand miles!  The mileage you  reported is not unreasonable for
stop-and-go city traffic where you  spend most of the time in low gear.
    Also your mileage will probably improve when your  newly rebuilt engine
get fully broken-in.
    Frank "likes numbers" Burkhard

In a message dated 7/27/2007 10:56:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,