<VV> Detroit convention.............

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Sat Jul 28 21:44:00 EDT 2007

Just got back from the convention.
Crossing the Border s*cks! An hour and a half to clear customs back into the
US after I crossed through Canada.
Sorry to say I didn't even take a Corvair this year, but I did go! Took the
Dodge Indy Ram.
There are good things, and there are bad things about having a convention in
the Motor City.
Too many things to see and do, so we decided to go the tourist route this
year and in so doing hit the GM heritage Center, The Walter P. Chrysler
Museum(with a cruise night to boot where I joined in with the Indy Ram), The
Yipsilanti Heritage Car Museum (Corvair Museum), The Yipsilanti Fire Museum,
The Henry Ford(Formerly the Ford Museum), and the Automotive Hall of fame.
The only real things convention wise I took part in was going to the
Concours and hitting the Swap Meet several times! Also made it out to the
Welcome party.
Was it just me or was there vendors who were almost never open outside?
Admittedly I hit the swap meet early and late and was never there during mid
day, but there were vendor spots I saw items in covered up but never
Took a bunch of pictures of the car display and concours and will load them
up and post a link Monday or Tuesday, my home dial up connection is just too
slow so I will do it from work.
Saw a lot of old friends and aquaintences, and I'm sure I missed a bunch as
well as we were always coming and going..........

Gary Swiatowy