<VV> which carb is working properly

mark bashara marklaredo at msn.com
Sat Jul 28 23:56:05 EDT 2007

I have 2 Rochester carbs on my 95 hp Corvair. When I take the air cleaner
off and look down into the left side carb during idle, I see a small amount
of gas slowly and constantly dripping from the verturi cluster into the
carb. The right side carb is bone dry, nothing dripping from anything. Now
when I throttle them, both accelerator pumps work properly and I can see 2
streams of gas shoot in from each carbs. My question, is this dripping
normal or is one of them not working properly, if so, which one, the one
that is dripping small amounts during idle or the one that is bone dry
during idle. My car idles very rough but when driving or accelerating,  it
runs fantastic. I went through all the normal tune up items and even checked
my compression, which was between 125-130. I'm thinking its something with
the carbs, but its just a guess.  I am very curious though about the
difference in the carbs. Any help is greatly appreciated.   Mark B