<VV> Which Carb

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Sun Jul 29 10:06:47 EDT 2007

    From: "mark bashara"
I have 2 Rochester carbs on my 95 hp Corvair. When I take the air cleaner
off and look down into the left side carb during idle, I see a small amount
of gas slowly and constantly dripping from the verturi cluster into the
carb.
  Smitty Says:  Mark there are three things I know of that will cause that.  Float level too high,  Float inlet valve seat leaking around its gasket,  Inlet valve needle not seating properly.  The third problem is the most likely.  Those little needle valve ends can look perfect even under a magnafiing glass.  Too inexpensive to mess with.  Put a new one in.