<VV> Electric cooling fan results

wblanning at comcast.net wblanning at comcast.net
Sun Jul 29 18:42:47 EDT 2007

Maybe the experts can clarify something about re the fan discussion.  I understand that Corvair powered aircraft have no fan, but use the propeller wash and/or air speed to force air over the engine.  So if Corvairs had their engines in the front where air would be forced over the engine by the car's forward motion, would an electric fan suffice for low speed driving needs?  Is this the theory of other front engined cars?  (Not that I plan to change my Corvairs engine location of course).

Wade