<VV> Electric cooling fan results

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sun Jul 29 22:40:08 EDT 2007

Although I'm on the side of "the electric fan probably isn't going to work"crowd, I do think it's not necessarily correct to say the electric fan will need 14hp worth of electricity.  The engine driven fan uses that much hp at full throttle but it had to be sized to provide enough cooling air at low engine speeds.  It's probably making too much at full speed.  So maybe, just maybe, a cooling optimized fan would need less than 14 hp to keep things cool enough.  Maybe, I don't know.

mikeH