<VV> Graphs for electric fan test

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Mon Jul 30 21:24:00 EDT 2007

To all who have expressed interest in stock fan vs electric fan test
results. Matt Nall has done a great job of converting the excel file
charts into jpgs that can be posted to fastvairs and other web sites.
I believe Ken Hand may put on his and other have offered. I will send
data to those who have offered. Thanks

There are 6 graphs. There are the main 2 which show the stock
fan data including CHT, Oil temp, manifold press, duct temp, and speed.
There is another like above for the electric fan.

4 more graphs show details better by plotting , for example, CHT in a
direct comparison , stock vs electric.

There is a timeline sheet that shows the time points and when things
happened for ea of the plots.

There is a spec sheet for fan used showing the extreme loss of flow when
there is even a fairly minimal pressure against which the fan must work.

All data was collected with a datalogger with 12 bit adc and type K
thermocouples and ea channel was calibrated a 3 point, lower- expected
temp- and above expected temp using an Omega thermocouple calibrator.

regards,

frank parker