<VV> Electric cooling fan results

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Mon Jul 30 22:31:54 EDT 2007

I had an air cooled motorcycle for years and it had no fan at all.  Of course its engine was completely exposed to the surrounding air.  It had a temperature gauge and it was always a nice steady temp regardless of condition - as long as it was moving.  The only time I ever saw the gauge go up from nominal was in stop and go traffic when I was stopped.  All I had to do was move forward.  It didn't matter how slow I went, as long as I was moving.  That's why motorcycles can cut between lanes in California - so they don't overheat.  Of course you're only supposed to do it up to 35 mph and not go more than 10 mph faster than traffic - those rules are routinely ignored of course.  And my motorcycle did not have a heater either.