<VV> Looks like I missed a good one

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Tue Jul 31 00:02:05 EDT 2007

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the Detroit Club on their convention.

In the 10 years I have been on this list, this is the FIRST time that the convention has been over for 72 hours, and there has been NOT ONE complaint about the convention.

Well, I digress, someone complained that the "People weren't friendly enough".  The exception that proves the rule.

But as we know, normally, there are complaints about
1. Host Hotel ---room size, heat/cooling, noise, reservations messed up, parking, trailers,elevators broken,  etc etc etc
2. Registration---missing, messed up, improperly processed, missing items like t-shirts, name tags, etc etc etc
3. Judging of events, timing of events, tours gone awry,

And I could go on for hours.  Thankfully I don't have to.

I can remember, and I believe more than once, that CORSA turned down the Detroit club's bid for the Convention in the last 10-15  years.  SHAME ON THEM.  I know it ticked Ken Hand off something fierce when it happened.

Of course, I'm pretty sure the Detroit bunch spent a lot of time going over the disasters that occured in Buffalo.  And had a whole year to make sure they didn't repeat themselves.

Vairorg members: All efforts should be made to have the LA conventions' VV meeting be held on WEDNESDAY, as it had been for the last 4-5 years.  Holding the VV meeting on friday doesn't help anyone meet or recognize VVers they've never seen before.  VV Nametags help too---were there any this year?

Sure ,things will happen that might keep people from coming, like the extra cruise on the river/lake that was scheduled in the middle of the VV meeting in Buffalo, where at least one Vairorg member was on the cruise instead of the meeting! But you only get one chance to watch sunset on
Lake Erie,  go for it!

Looks like I missed a good'un, though it couldn't be helped.
Kudos and Bravo Zulus to the good folks in Det. They obviously have done an outstanding job.
Hank