<VV> Electric fans

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Tue Jul 31 18:42:36 EDT 2007

Smitty Says:  I just posted to a friend, my feelings on this fan controversy.  Then thought to myself, why not share this with the group.  I have read, listened to,  ignored and deleted but the crap just won't go away.  I am a tinkerer.  I love to try things just to see if they will work.  Sometimes they work real well and sometimes not so well.  The point is, I got off my keester and tried them.  I didn't sit around blathering at others on and on about what I thought would work.  I didn't argue with others because they had a different opinion.  I got out my tools and set to work to see if I could do what I wanted.  Why don't you guys give it a try yourself.  If you think a Porsche fan running at 10,000 rpm is the hot ticket then buy yourself one and crank it up and see.  If it blows all to hell then you have a valid negative comment to make.  But until you actually do it, kindly keep your pie hole shut about what will or won't work.  If you think an electric powered axial
 flow blower powered by a 50 lb electric motor supplied by a 75 lb truck battery is the way to go, then get off your ass and prove it.
  A man had an idea that he thought would work.  He gave it his best shot and tried to sell the idea.  Bob, Ken, and Frank pretty much proved that the idea had deficiency's.  So what is new.  The laws of physics prevails.  I didn't believe it would work anyway.  He still has my admiration for putting the package together.  That's a hell of a lot more than you vociferous yammer jaws have accomplished in the last week.