<VV> Re: Porsche cooling

Crawford Rose crawfordrose at msn.com
Tue Jul 31 23:07:02 EDT 2007

The oil cooler is a popular addition to the front fenders of Porsches because they overheat. They sell a lot them for the cars that weren't factory equipped with them, I guess before 1978 or so. As far as the five and 11 blade fans, well isn't that what we are arguing about with the 60, 62-62, and mag fans? I can only tell you that many 911 cars are typically overheating and running 300 degree oil temps in performance apps just like Corvair people. I know that my experience was representative because the Porsche repair shop told me that it was and had the ready fix fior sale, a fender mounted cooler.  Heat sells radiators!
Crawford