<VV> Re: Porsche cooling

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Tue Jul 31 22:01:33 EDT 2007

There were a few Porsches with problems, yours being one of them. The time
period you're talking about, for some bizarre reason, Porsche went from an 11
blade fan to only a 5 blade fan! The idea was to crank up engine temps for
improved emissions. Needless to say, the 11 blade fan became a VERY popular
retrofit.
This is a well known issue from about 1971 to 1978.
Given that some 911s, turbos in particular, were belting out over 400 HP  and
staying plenty cool, I'd say your 911T experience is NOT representative of
most Porsches.

In a message dated 7/31/2007 9:44:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,