<VV> tow bars

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Jun 1 17:01:47 EDT 2007

The Corvair unibody rails end at the front bumper attachment points, so
attaching the tow bar to the front bumper mounts is attaching it to the
unibody structure. If you build a tow bar to go under the body and find
the crossmember, that would be indirectly attaching to the unibody
structure. Kind of like a tow dolly.

So my recommendation is to use the holes at the end of the frame rails,
aka front bumper mounting holes.

Do not use the bumper mounting holes at the corner of the car, there is
no structure there to speak of. You could incorporate the center bumper
mount/ license plate bracket holes as that is the center of the front
cross rail, but it is not necessary.

Remember, the front suspension hangs from the front frame rails, so this
is a very strong area in the unibody.

Frank DuVal