<VV> front spoilers- functional or decorative?

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Tue Jun 5 01:16:03 EDT 2007

See my comments below....

I'm  tempted to add a front spoiler to mine, but I'm wondering- do they
really  DO
much, or are they mostly for ornamental 'coolness'  factor?

As someone on this list (Mike Hicks) once told me, "Aerodynamics work" so
while the do look cool, they really do work.

Does  the front spoiler actually add any noticable improvement in  downforce/
handling at highway speeds?

Yes...

Has  anyone driven their Vair with and without spoiler for  an
apples-to-apples
comparison?

Yes, big difference

Would I acheive just as much beneft from moving the spare to the  front?

That help some...

Would dropping the front-end an inch or so serve the same  function?

That might help some, but still not the same....

Many  more possibly dumb questions to come, I'm sure!

There are no dumb questions, just dumb answers...

Ned