<VV> 64 vert on ebay (item#280121170177

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Jun 5 20:08:53 EDT 2007

At 11:09 AM 6/5/2007, Geoffrey A Johnson wrote:
>That is actually quite a nice car built by Corvair Specialties in So
>Cal. I really don't know much about it, but it is not a cheap paint
>and stereo install car.   Always at the fan belt toss and quite impressive.
>

>>>It it is likely that the owner is younger than the average Corvair
>>>demographic,
>>

>>No doubt.    This car has too much bling and not enough substance IMHO.

Now:    Let me define substance.

It should have had a dual master cylinder upgrade with those front
disks...  which on a Corvair seems slightly odd, seeing as how
Corvairs don't brake like most cars and thus why only do the
fronts?     Both ends should have been upgraded to disks IMHO.    It
also is using spacers on the hubs so as to accommodate those FWD
blingwheels.     Not a good idea IMHO.   I'd have used different
wheels that didn't require adapting.

A LOT could have been done with the bucks spent on those ugly-ass
phartpipes.     They simply look out of place on this
car.    Symbolism over substance... sorry.
I can't help but wonder what happens if you need to stop quickly in
this car... with a single piston/bowl master cylinder and disks on
the front.

By the way, one other thing:

Whoever did the stereo install should have known better than to mount
amplifiers on the enclosure of a woofer, or even *close* to a woofer
for that matter.   That's a big no-no.     I suppose they look
pretty, all laid out alongside the woofer...  where the insides get
rattled and component leads break from vibration, which is what kept
me employed for several years via people doing this sort of
thing.   ;)    Someone wasn't thinking.   Or, they simply didn't know
or care.   And if the stereo isn't "worked", what's the point of all
that power unless it's just for bling?     Kinda like the brakes...

...not saying it's not a nicely constructed solid car with excellent
paint and trim etc.   I'm saying it could have been done
better.    Money was spent on stuff that did not improve the car.

tony..