<VV> 64 vert on ebay (item#280121170177

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 20:54:53 EDT 2007

                                     B"H

Hmmm...if this thread is what will happen, it reminds
me what happened with the A-body MoPars.

Back in 80s, the Dusters and Demons weren't really
worth much except as used cars, and the 340s weren't
really worth much more than the Slant Six models.

Then suddenly one day, Demon prices went through the
roof along with the original 340 models, and suddenly
a $500. clunker was worth $6,000.

Does this mean that because Impalas, Chevelles, Novas
and Camaros are priced in the stratosphere, that
Corvairs will follow?  After all, they're all Chevys,
built in the Classic Sixties.  They have the same
styling and hey, if you're gonna restore it, what
difference does it make if it's a Nova or a Vair?

Or will hardtops and sedans stay down in price while
ragtops soar?

Only time will tell, but I CAN tell you that
enthusiasm for more expensive Chevys has NOT put these
cars into the hands of wealthy playboys who don't
appreciate their value, there are plenty of
grass-roots folks out there tooling around in their
old Chevys on a daily basis.  They just don't sell
them and if they did, they could get a lot more than
what they paid back inte Eighties.

I'm rambling again...I also drive my Monza every day
and I've never had so much fun behind the wheel with
any other car before (I've owned cars for over 35
years) so I hope to keep driving Susie, or whatever
Vair, for a very long time, for the sheer fun of it.
I have no interest in selling my car for a huge
profit...Bill Hershkowitz, Brooklyn NY  69 Monza HT