<VV> Retro fitting seatbelts

Jim Bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 6 05:00:07 EDT 2007

Congrats on your enlightened purchase.  The most elegant solution for seat
belts is to install seats from a Chrysler Sebring convertible.  The front
sets have both a lap and shoulder belt integrated into the seat.  I'm not
sure about the back seat because I did the job in a '66 Corsa convertible.
The width might be narrower in the early model.  In any case, the job
requires some welding and fabrication.  If you are interested, I can send
some pix of the finished product.
Jim

P.S. welcome to the "in" crowd.

I have just bought my first Corvair, a '63 Monza Spyder convertable.  I am
also new to this list and I'm enthusiatically watching the questions and
answers as they come out in the digests.

My question is this:  does anyone out there know of a website or other
resource with instructions and/or information about retrofitting seatbelts
into my 'Vair?  I don't like the idea of my kids in the back seat without
belts and the several hundred hits on google were no help at all.

I can't wait to get my little beauty registered and on the road.  I would be

happy to post pictures or send them along if anyone is interested.

Mel.

Ontario, Canada