<VV> Corvair Values, values in general.

Gary Swiatowy garyswiatowy at summitlubricants.com
Wed Jun 6 07:04:16 EDT 2007

Yes, Dusters and Demons were cheap at one time.
And now they are in the $20,000-30,000 range.
Remember when no-one wanted a 58 Impala?
Now they are going for more than a 55-57 Chevy!
Remember when no-one wanted a Corvair? Well those days are over for now and
our cars could really increase in value higher than we could ever expect.
I do remember when everyone said a Roadrunner would never be worth 10 grand
because they were plentiful............yeah we were wrong.

But what goes around comes around. Model A and T values have dropped. Mainly
because people who remembered them fondly are no longer around. I happen to
know of a few 39-41 cars out there for sale cheaply, still unsold because
no-one wants to actually have to do work on them. And without the creature
comforts of Air, power steering and brakes, and a stereo, most will pass
them by. I have a 64 T-Bird project car I'm trying to sell, again, if it was
turn key and go and show....... fine, but no-one wants to do the work, and
they don't want to pay someone else either.

And we who have interest in Corvairs are getting older as well. I don't
relish another project and am kept busy with what I have now. Prices will go
up for awhile, but sooner or later they will drop.

Will the next generation be restoring K cars?

Gary Swiatowy