<VV> RE: Younger generation

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Thu Jun 7 10:03:04 EDT 2007

Ray wrote: <snip>.. but most of my friends and acquaintances shake their
head wondering what is wrong with me... and NONE of them can understand why
I prefer my Corvairs to the bright red 400hp 1968 Corvette convertible I
had, or even my old 1970 Chevelle.....   Sure I get lots of approving looks
and comments from the older folks, but I don't expect I'll get any approval
at all from the young people until I can respond "yeah its fast". <unsnip>

Great post, Ray!  I laughed out loud when I read your statement because
that's EXACTLY the reaction of my friends when I was in high school... in
1972!  Same reaction, same comparison cars (+ Mustangs and GTOs) only
difference was that the vehicles in question were contemporary. In a prior
career, I was a product planner at Nissan - it sounds like you could fit
right in.  Need an introduction?  BTW, your taste seems to be aligned well
with mine - check this out:
http://members.aol.com/nicolcs/corvairefi/66Monzafront
http://members.aol.com/nicolcs/corvairefi/engine2.jpg

Craig Nicol